Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DON’T STRESS, ANDY RICHTER! IT’S NOT WORTH THE WRINKLES.

January 26, 2010
LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): The roadblocks have fallen away, and you’re finally making up for lost time.

Laura’s Log:
Roadblocks. I suppose they’re all around me at work. I can’t connect with any of my coworkers. They’ve all judged me, wrongly of course, but judgment ultimately comes from within and I can’t change their minds. They don’t want to be changed. Ernesto is, with good reason, the tyrannical, ranting boss who must go. When you nix a talk show, you don’t just axe the host; the sidekick must go, too. I’m the Andy Richter.

All I can do is focus on my work, plop what I’ve finished on people’s desks or into their email accounts and move on. I can work around them. I have no choice. Had that epiphany yesterday at 1:08 as the girls sauntered en masse back into the office after lunch. They were loud, even obnoxious, sounding like a drunken posse, whooping it up for the sake of solidarity, daring Ernesto to lay into any of them about punctuality. To see me crumble in front of them would only be a bonus.

Reminded me of sixth grade when Lanie Robinson decided my shoes were an embarrassment to the group and, just like that, I no longer existed to her, Meredith, Melanie or Grace. We never spoke again—except when clueless Mr. Gates forced us together for the occasional group assignment. Back then, it nearly killed me. I’m not going back to sixth grade at my thirty-two. My current desk and chair are way more comfy.

Brought my iPod to work today. Adele and Duffy are rockin’ workmates.


KEN’S JOURNAL (sent via iPhone):
OLYMPICS LESS THAN 3 WKS AWAY. STREET CLOSURES ARE POPPING UP, BUT NOT MUCH OF AN INCONVENIENCE YET. TIRED OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHINING TO THE PRESS. IT’S THE OLYMPICS, PEOPLE. ONCE IN A LIFETIME. CAN YOU CHILL?

OUR NEW DEVELOPMENT IN BURNABY SEEMS TO FINALLY BE A GO. CLEARED THE BIGGEST HURDLES @ CITY HALL YESTERDAY. STILL MORE RED TAPE, BUT I THINK CONSTRUCTION WILL BEGIN IN APRIL. THIS ONE IS MY BABY. WON’T MAKE ME SET FOR LIFE, BUT I’LL BE A HOT REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT COMMODITY FOR YEARS TO COME. IT’S FREAKIN’ EXCITING!

WISH MY PERSONAL LIFE WERE LOOKING AS PROMISING. SET UP AN ONLINE PROFILE LAST NIGHT ON PLENTY OF FISH. PROBLEM IS I DON’T HAVE ANY PICS OF MYSELF TO POST. CLARA’S IN THEM ALL AND CROPPING HER OUT DIDN’T HELP. THAT MYSTERIOUS ARM AROUND ME CAN’T PASS FOR A SCARF. TRIED TO TAKE SNAPS OF MYSELF BUT THEY MADE ME LOOK LIKE A DORK…WITH A TON OF WRINKLES ON THE FOREHEAD. HOW’D THEY GET THERE ANYWAY?!

I’M TAKING SARA OUT FOR DINNER TONITE. SHE’S NOT BAD W/THE CAMERA. I NEED HER TO WORK A LITTLE MAGIC. FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT, RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment