Sunday, February 21, 2010

BRING ON THE BREWSKIS

February 21, 2010
LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): The morning should be relatively easy, without any big surprises. Things start to get more interesting this afternoon, but you should still find that it all seems to flow just about perfectly for you!


Laura’s Log:

Late start on the morning jog. Decided it would be safe to go back to the standard Kits route as, hopefully, Harvey will have given up stalking. Or, more likely, his old ankle injury flared up, putting the fitness gig to rest once more. As it’s a sunny Sunday morning, I knew it would be more crowded than usual but what surprised me was the fact that Olympic fever has spread to the paths. Three guys ran while sporting Canada flag capes. As they jogged in tandem, they chanted “CANADA! CANADA!” and others joined in. Battling for notoriety of its own, Norway was also represented by a single flag waver. Several people had the red maple leaf painted on their faces—a remnant from last night or a new part of the morning makeup routine? One guy even brought along his cowbell, clanging it as other joggers and I passed by. (I’m guessing he was one of the thousands turned away from attending events at Cypress. Apparently, the need to cheer cannot be suppressed. Have cowbell, will clang.)

I must admit that the extra energy along the route translated into my best run in ages. Glad I got the run in because I fear that the rest of the day is downhill, horoscope be damned. First, Tamara and I are meeting Nadia and obnoxious Bradley for brunch at Sophie’s Cosmic Cafe. Then, it’s the What the Hell Am I Doing date with Derrick. I'm thinking I'll need to down massive amounts of beer to survive. Whatever the hockey result, I’m just hoping it doesn’t go to a shootout.


KEN’S JOURNAL:
IT’S BAD WHEN I FIND MYSELF TAKING SOLACE IN CURLING. AFTER SPEED SKATING AND SKIING DISAPPOINTMENTS, I CHANNELED MY PATRIOTISM & SPORTS FANATICISM INTO CHEERING ON CANADA’S MEN’S MATCH VS. GREAT BRITAIN LAST NITE. SOMEONE SHOOT ME IF I EVER DECIDE TO SPEND A NITE ACTUALLY GOING TO A RINK TO PUSH & SWEEP A FREAKIN’ ROCK.

THANK GOD HOCKEY’S BACK ON THE SCHED FOR TODAY! SWORE I WLDN’T WASTE MY $$ ON THE MOLSON HOCKEY HOUSE, BUT MARTY GOT US TIX. WILL BE NICE TO EXPERIENCE THE WIN IN A PARTY ATMOSPHERE. THEN AGAIN, IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS, THERE’LL BE SOMETHING THERE TO WASH DOWN MY WOES. AIN’T BEER GREAT? IT’S GOOD WHEN YOU’RE UP, GOOD WHEN YOU’RE DOWN. THE ALL-PURPOSE BEVERAGE. YOU JUST CAN’T SAY THAT ABOUT MILK.

No comments:

Post a Comment