Thursday, February 25, 2010

ICE SCREAM

February 25, 2010
LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): You need to avoid the temptation to wig out if things don't go smoothly today -- because there's nothing you can do about it .Your friends and family can support you, but it's just another slow day.

Laura’s Log:
I realize being a temp is a form of damage control for my bank account, but at least a dozen times today I visualized quitting. There is no end to The Cold War. Amongst all my Russian coworkers, I am a prisoner of war. What started out as a disagreement about figure skating has only been worsened with the latest ice capade: Team Canada’s hockey blowout over Russia last night. Of course, I dared not say a thing, but it was clear everyone was moping more than usual this morning. The Russian flag hanging on Sergi’s office door was nowhere to be seen.

I continue to try to decipher the written list of tasks expected of me—three more pages greeted me this morning—but it’s hopeless. Nothing I do will be satisfactory. I don’t understand why Sergi hasn’t called the agency and requested a new worker. I’m starting to think Delores’ curling injury might not be as bad as claimed. Perhaps she simply needs a break.

KEN’S JOURNAL (via BlackBerry):
I’M STILL ON A HIGH AFTER YESTERDAY’S CANADA-RUSSIA HOCKEY GAME. WHO WLD HAVE EVER THOUGHT WE’D RUN AWAY W/IT SO EASILY? LET’S HOPE THE MOMENTUM CONTINUES!

OF COURSE, THE BOSS DID EVERYTHING HE CLD TO SQUELCH THE EXCITEMENT. HE’S RIDING ME HARD, STILL PISSED OVER THE DELAYS ON THE BURNABY PROJECT. I WISH HE WERE THE PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE TYPE. THE COLD SHOULDER WLD BE A LOT BETTER THAN HIS WRATH, BORDERING ON ABUSE. ACTUALLY, IT IS ABUSE. EVERY TIME HE SEES ME, HE SAYS, “I CAN’T BELIEVE HOW MUCH YOU FUCKED UP” OR “YOU’RE A PIECE OF SHIT.” THE GUY WILL NEVER BE ON THE MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER CIRCUIT.

MY DAYS ARE NUMBERED. MTG W/MARTY TONITE TO TALK ABOUT THE NEW BIZ. IT’S ALL HAPPENING SOONER THAN EXPECTED, BUT SOMETIMES “SHIT” CAN BE INSPIRING.

No comments:

Post a Comment