Saturday, February 20, 2010

WHEN TWO ISN’T BETTER THAN ONE

February 20, 2010
LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): Everything goes better with a partner today. Make sure that you're buddied up, no matter how you're doing -- even taking out the trash works out better if two of you are doing it together.

Laura’s Log:
I thought V-Day was last week. Seems like The Haves have overtaken my horoscope. Sorry, but I showered ALONE and cleaned out the fridge ALONE—moldy jar of salsa served as the impetus. Granted showering might have been more exciting with a partner, but I’m content to clean on my own. The last thing I want to do is explain why I have four opened jars of plum sauce in my refrigerator. When you’re single, you can be eccentric.

Derrick called as I scrubbed the toilet. The timing seemed about right. Of course, I’m shocked he called at all after our washout of a first date. Proving that he is indeed lacking in self-reflective skills, he asked me out again. And proving that I don’t have a spine, I said okay. We’re going to watch the Canada-U.S.A. hockey game tomorrow at Hockey House. If he actually shuts up, it will only because he’s consumed by the game. Great. That will leave me to take in a bunch of screaming, beer swilling wannabe jocks. Can it be any worse?

KEN’S JOURNAL (via BlackBerry):

BACK FROM A COFFEE DATE W/NADINE FROM PLENTY OF FISH. BETTER THAN MY LAST DATE IN THAT WE ACTUALLY SAT DOWN, BUT OUR TWENTY-FIVE MINUTE CONVERSATION WAS LIKE A SPLIT-SCREEN BROADCAST OR DUELING CHANNEL SURFING. SHE’D RELATE A STORY ABOUT QUILTING CLUB; I’D GIVE MY ANALYSIS ON WHAT CANADA HAS TO DO IN THE HOCKEY GAME TOMORROW. SHE MENTIONED SOME SORT OF TEA PARTY HAPPENING NIGHTLY DURING THE OLYMPICS; I EXPRESSED INTEREST IN THE ZIP LINE. ICE DANCING; SKELETON. CURLING; SKI JUMPING. COULDN’T FIND A SINGLE COMMON INTEREST. I THINKING WE BOTH SHIFTED FROM SIPPING TO GULPING THE JAVA.

I’M STARTING TO HATE COFFEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment