Tuesday, February 16, 2010

JOGGING…OR DOG PADDLING?

February 16, 2010
LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): Progress is relative sometimes, and you need to remind yourself of that today. It could be that though you're not moving forward, you are keeping yourself from moving backward, and that may be a win!

Laura’s Log:
I have an appointment at a temp agency this morning. Can’t believe that my degree from UBC is going to be wasted answering phones and making coffee, but I have to slow the bleeding in my bank account. I can hear mom’s grating voice in my head haunting me: “Film studies?! What kind of job can you get with a degree in film studies?” At least I can be a very well informed date at the movies.

Still drying out after an insane jog in the rain. I would’ve skipped it, but since I’m seeing Derrick tonight, I need to work off last night’s Why Bother low fat tiramisu. Without the brandy, the thing would have been inedible. (I think Julia Child had it right. When in doubt, add generous amounts of booze.)

Pairs skating proved a disappointment. Only saw one couple skate without errors. I don’t know how proud I’d be having the world watch me fall on my ass. Hope the men’s event is better. Marella called yesterday to ask me to accompany her to the men’s final on Thursday. Apparently her latest boinker doesn’t think figure skating is macho enough. Can’t he look past the makeup, the glittery unitards and toy soldier costumes? My gain.

Must stretch my fingers before heading out. I think I have to take a typing test. Feels like I’m time traveling into the world of “Mad Men”.


KEN’S JOURNAL (via BlackBerry):

ALWAYS THOUGHT RUNNERS HAD A FEW SCREWS LOOSE. TODAY PROVES THEY’RE BEYOND HELP. UTTER MASOCHISTS! RAIN WAS POURING DOWN AT 6 A.M. ONLY TONITE’S DATE POSSESSED ME TO GET OUT THERE AND JOG. TO MY AMAZEMENT, THERE WERE JUST AS MANY IDIOTS OUT THERE RUNNING AS USUAL. DOES EVERYONE HAVE A 1ST DATE TONITE?

MY SHOES & CLOTHES ARE BANGING AROUND IN THE DRYER. CLD TAKE HRS FOR THEM TO DRY OUT. NOT SURE IF MY RUNNERS WILL EVER GO BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL FORM. THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE RUN WAS MY KNEE DIDN’T BUG ME A BIT. MY BRAIN WAS TOO FOCUSED ON DODGING PUDDLES & WORRYING THAT I SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT A SNORKEL & MASK.

SHOULD BE LOOKING FORWARD TO MY DATE. RACHEL POSTED MORE THAN 1 PHOTO & SHE LOOKS HOT IN ALL OF THEM. BEYOND THAT, WHO KNOWS? THAT’S WHY I PREFER TO MEET INSTEAD OF MESSAGING BACK & FORTH FOR WEEKS. STILL, WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING AGREEING TO COFFEE @ 7?! TEAM CANADA HOCKEY GOES @ 8. IF THE MTG IS A DISASTER, I’LL MAKE IT HOME IN PLENTY OF TIME. WLD IT BE A BAD START IF I ORDER MY ESPRESSO IN A TO GO CUP?

WHAT AM I THINKING?! I’VE GOT A FREAKIN’ DATE. MIRACLE! I JOGGED IN A DELUGE. GOTTA GIVE THE DATE A REAL CHANCE. STILL, THE MOMENT THERE’S A LULL IN CONVERSATION, I’M OUTTA THERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment