Friday, April 30, 2010

ANYONE FOR SECONDS?

LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): You can make startling progress today, as long as you keep from starting off in a new direction. There is time for that later, and you’ve got your eye on a few upcoming milestones.

Laura’s Log:

OK, I stayed for more than a drink. After two rounds, drinks became dinner. Ken proved to be refreshing. Not an arrogant ass trying to show he’s above me. In fact, he was funny in a self-deprecating way. It made for comfortable conversation. I was able to keep up with the Canuck talk and I was glad to be able to listen as he shared his disappointment in the dissolution of his long-term relationship with Clara. So many guys act like they’ve moved on without even a superficial wound after a breakup. Ken showed his vulnerability.

Do we have chemistry? Never thought I’d say it but…maybe.

I have to focus more on Dad today. This is his last day of work before he’s unceremoniously booted. And, as far as I can tell, he still hasn’t told Mom. I called her at the salon and pointedly asked “What’s new?” and “How’s Dad?”

“What’s with the inquisition?” she shot back. “Why are you checking up on me? Nothing’s new. But I’ve got a manicure to to do, honey, so I can’t chat with you now. If you’re lonely, call Estelle. I think she goes a little stir crazy dealing with Elmo and Barney and stroller mommies all day.”

I’ll swing by after work. Mom will think I’m losing it and renew her push for me to go out with Betty Ng’s son. I’ll risk it. Dad needs some support right now.

KEN’S JOURNAL:
TOTALLY BLEW THE DATE. I MEAN, SHE STUCK AROUND LONGER THAN I’D THOUGHT. A FULL DINNER! I HAD A SHOT. AND THEN I STRAYED FROM MY GAME PLAN. RAN ON AND ON AND ON AND ON…ABOUT THE CANUCKS. IT’S THE PLAYOFFS. SURE I’M OBSESSED. SHE TRIED TO BE POLITE—EVEN MENTIONED HER DISAPPOINTMENT WITH RAYMOND AND BURROWS IN THE FIRST ROUND. WOMEN ALWAYS TALK ABOUT MASON RAYMOND. SARA SAYS IT’S HIS EYES. WTF?! IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT GOAL PRODUCTION!

AFTER I MANAGED TO GET MYSELF OFF THE CANUCKS CONVERSATION, IT ONLY TOOK 10 MIN B/F I WAS GOING ON ABOUT CLARA. NO! DON’T GO THERE! BACK OUT QUICKLY! LAURA KEPT ASKING QUESTIONS AND I KEPT ANSWERING. EVEN I KNOW YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR EX ON A 1ST DATE. SADLY, BRAIN HAD NO CONTROL OVER MOUTH.

AT LEAST I DIDN’T DRINK TOO MUCH.

IS A 2ND DATE IN THE WORKS? DOUBTFUL. DO I CALL HER & HUMILIATE MYSELF? THINKING ABOUT IT…

THANK GOD THERE’S THE NEW BIZ TO WORRY ABOUT. CHECKED ON THE RENOS TODAY & THINGS ARE LOOKING AWESOME. I CAN SEE IT NOW! SHOULD BE DONE IN 4-5 DAYS ACCORDING TO CARL(A). SIGN WENT UP THIS AFTERNOON. MARTY CAME BY FOR THE OCCASION AND CARL(A) SNAPPED SOME PICS OF US. I ADDED THEM TO THE WEBSITE. STILL NO FOLLOWERS (EXCEPT SARA AND MARTY’S MOM) BUT I BLOGGED THE PROGRESS W/THE BIZ. SOUNDED SO ROSY I HAD TO GO BACK & TONE IT DOWN A TAD. DON’T WANT TO COME OFF AS AN OSMOND. LA LA LA LA LA, HAPPY, HAPPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment