Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A BIT OF A STRETCH

March 2, 2010
LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): You're a natural at striking that balance between work and home life -- and now you need to spread yourself out a bit more. It's easy -- and fun -- for you to juggle responsibilities, so go for it!

Laura’s Log:
This temping work has taken my focus off looking for a more permanent position. I need to set a goal of sending out a certain number of résumés each week. Of course, I have to be strategic as well. Mailing out a hundred to companies that aren’t hiring is just a waste of postage…and paper. Wish I had a better idea where to look.

I thought Theodore would be more subdued today for the funeral of Mr. Hauerstrom. Nothing doing. He was the one laughing too loudly in the atrium before the service, joking about Betty White being in no rush for a “Golden Girls” reunion. Guests eyed him warily and decided to warm the pews well in advance of the service’s start time. That left Theodore to pass a few fidgety minutes by giving me a play-by-play of the bodily function and sex jokes from last night’s “Two and a Half Men”, a show which I think should be renamed “Three Boys”.

The viewing this afternoon for the young woman in the weekend car accident was brutal. Even Theodore had to put away his toothy smile. So much grief in the form of all-out wailing. I’m already feeling emotional about the service tomorrow and I never even knew the woman, a grade two teacher. Thankfully, however, there was no sign of the flirty plumber.

I’m heading over to Lucy & Carl(a)’s this evening. Fresh from their stint in the Tent City, they’re hosting a lesbian poetry slam event in their apartment. And I wonder why I’m still single. Lucy tells me she’s serving a vegan chocolate mousse made with avocados. I’m not sure if she shared that to entice me or repel me. She is promising she’ll go easy on the incense this time so I get the feeling I am welcome. Nonetheless, I will load up on Tylenol and Immodium ahead of time.

KEN’S JOURNAL (via BlackBerry):

AFTER A DISMAL MORNING RUN, I DECIDED MISERY LOVES COMPANY. I CALLED FORERUNNERS AND JOINED A WEDNESDAY NIGHT RUNNING CLINIC. I NEED TO STEP IT UP AFTER AN OLYMPIC-SIZED BEER AND SNACK BINGE ON THE WEEKEND, ERASING ANY PROGRESS ON BELLY CONTROL. IT’S TIME TO CREATE SOME SOCIAL PRESSURE. I’M SURE THIS RUNNING GROUP WILL BE FILLED W/THOSE CRAZED RUNNERS W/GAUNT FACES AND BODY-HUGGING LYCRA WORKOUT GEAR. NOTHING WORKS LIKE THE SHAME DIET.

No comments:

Post a Comment