Sunday, March 28, 2010

HOLD THAT THOUGHT!

LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): It’s a good time for you to meditate or otherwise get in touch with all your inner voices. You are basically a democracy, and right now you need to take a pretty important vote. Take all the time you need!

Laura’s Log:
I’ve got a job (for now) and a boyfriend (for now). I know I should just be thankful and not do anything to mess up a good thing. But as Tupper snored in the middle of the night and Gabriel softly blew air out his nose, I did that terribly annoying thing. I started thinking.

I tried to quash it, but that’s always hard to do when I’m groggy. How are the thoughts so clear but the button to disable the process so hard to find? Basically, here’s what it came down to: What do I have in common with Gabriel? Can a relationship exist (long-term) based solely on physical and sexual attraction?

He’s very nice. Yep, great. But we don’t do anything except eat and have sex. Both are important, no doubt. It’s not enough though. (I can’t believe I’m saying that!) Maybe we can still find other ways to connect. It hasn’t even been a month yet. Maybe I’m just annoyed that I had to sit through the movie he picked to rent last night: “Star Trek”. That’ll give any woman doubts!

Must give it more time. Right?

KEN’S JOURNAL:
WELL, I FOUND A CONDO I LIKE. SORT OF. THAT’S PROGRESS. MARTY IS ITCHING FOR ME TO MAKE AN OFFER. I THINK I’M HIS CLIENT FROM HELL. 3 OPEN HOUSES, 5 INDIVIDUAL SHOWINGS YESTERDAY. MARTY INFORMED ME THAT I’VE SEEN 37 PLACES SO FAR. NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK, I THOUGHT. (DIDN’T DARE SAY IT ALOUD. MARTY MIGHT HAVE DRIVEN THE CAR INTO A POLE. ON PURPOSE.)

“WHY HASN’T IT SOLD?” I ASKED OF THE FAINT RAY OF HOPE ON MAIN. “IT’S BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR 3 WEEKS.” (NOT MUCH BY THE SOUNDS OF IT, BUT AN ETERNITY IN THE VANCOUVER MARKET.)

“I DON’T KNOW,” MARTY SNAPPED. “JUST MAKE A FUCKIN’ OFFER!”

“I’LL THINK ABOUT IT” WAS THE BEST I COULD GIVE HIM. (I WAITED UNTIL WE WERE PARKED.)

TRUTH IS, I’M THINKING MORE ABOUT SARA. WHEN IS SHE GOING TO TELL JERRY THINGS AREN’T WORKING WITH HIM FLYING OFF EVERY WEEK WHILE SHE TRIES TO MANAGE THE KIDS? I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO ASK WHY THE HELL THEY HAD 4 KIDS WHEN I NEVER GOT THE IMPRESSION JERRY EVEN WANTED 1. I’M A TOTALLY NON-VIOLENT GUY BUT SOMETHING ABOUT JERRY JUST MAKES ME WANT TO POUND THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. MY SISTER DESERVES BETTER. TOO BAD SHE DOESN’T REALIZE IT.

LIKE ALWAYS, I’LL HAVE TO WAIT ’TIL HE BOARDS ANOTHER PLANE TOMORROW MORNING & THEN GIVE SARA A CALL. SEE HOW TO PICK UP THE PIECES AFTER ANOTHER WEEKEND OF DENIAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment