Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SOMETIMES YOU CAN SKIP THE SHAVE

LIBRA HOROSCOPE (from astrology.com): Lie low and let others take the heat today — even if you can’t tell when or where the heat is coming! You just need to make sure that you’ve got your own bases covered, as things shouldn’t take long.

Laura’s Log:
Nadia came over right after work. Things have been spotty in us hanging out lately, but all I had to say was “He dumped me” and she moved heaven and earth—well, she canceled a rendezvous at Subway with Bradley—to console me. Tamara was on business in Kelowna, but she Skyped in.

“Guys having female roommates is just wrong,” Nadia concluded. “He’s in denial. If he can’t see the problem with that, how’s he able to have any perspective on anything in life? Where’d you say he works?”

“Best Buy.”

“Exactly!”

Tamara piped in. “He knows there’s a problem with having a ‘platonic’ woman as a roommate. He’s just looking for someone to walk all over.”

Nadia continued her Gabriel-bashing cheerleading. “Exactly! I’m proud of you Laura. You didn’t cave this time. Hang in there! You’ll find a guy with balls.”

Despite their efforts, I wasn’t feeling any better. “What’s so great about a guy’s balls? They’re ugly, don’t you think? Like elbows. Or knees. Only more hair.”

“You get them to manscape,” Nadia advised. “I make it part of foreplay with Bradley. I shave his balls and he thinks it’s kinky. Snaps the pecker ready for service.”

Too much information. As it was, Bradley repulsed me. I didn’t need to conjure up the image of Bradley’s nicked-up scrotum. At least Nadia was right about my not caving. I’d put my foot down about the icky rooming situation and managed to boot myself at the same time.

Is it worth it to take a stand if it means being alone again? How many more chances did I have with men? Would I ever have another shot at sex that good again?

Nadia stuck around so we could make fun of the glitter costumes and bad dancing on “Dancing with the Stars”. She drooled over Jake. Meh.

The buzzer rang five minutes after she left. I buzzed her back in and looked around for whatever item she’d forgotten. Couldn’t spot it. She tapped on the door and I opened it to find Gabriel. Actually, Gabriel and a dozen roses. “I miss you,” he said. “And I’m sorry.”

We hugged, we kissed and, yes, I caved. Never got around to talking about Chris. Or genital grooming. It just felt good to be with him again.


KEN’S JOURNAL:

ONLY HAD TO SPEND 3 ½ HRS @ CITY HALL YESTERDAY. GOT 4 OUT OF 5 PERMITS. THE 5TH IS GOING TO TAKE MORE WORK. STILL, IT WAS A SUCCESSFUL MISSION. “YOU ROCK, MAN!” MARTY BEAMED. NICE TO HEAR HIM BEING UP AGAIN. I KNOW I’D BEEN GRATING ON HIM LATELY.

SPENT A COUPLE OF HRS THIS MORNING DOING SOME GROUNDWORK ON THE FINAL PERMIT, BUT IT’S BEEN A LOW KEY DAY FOR THE MOST PART. GOTTA SAY I LIKE IT. HAVING A COFFEE @ URBAN FARE @ 11 A.M. ON A WEEKDAY? AWESOME! WHO ARE ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE? HOW DO THEY AFFORD THEIR CONDOS & WORK SUCH LAX HRS? AM I THE ONLY ONE IN YALETOWN W/O AN EFFIN’ DOG?

EVEN HIT THE GYM THIS AFTERNOON. NOT THE PIDDLY CONDO GYM. A REAL GYM. FITNESS WORLD. OR, AS IT’S NOW KNOWN, STEVE NASH SPORTS CLUB AND FITNESS WORLD. (OTHER THAN THE BIGGER SIGN, I CAN’T SEE A DIFFERENCE.) PUMPED WEIGHTS FOR ALMOST 30 MIN. (NO NEED TO STRAIN A MUSCLE THE 1ST TIME BACK.) SPENT ANOTHER 30 MIN ON THE TREADMILL. THE WOMAN BESIDE ME MUST’VE BEEN GOING TWICE MY SPEED. SHE HAD ARMS & LEGS THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY’D SNAP IN 2 IN A STRONG WIND. THAT’S ONE THING I DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.

ANOTHER COFFEE ON THE WAY HOME. THIS SELF-EMPLOYMENT THING’S FEELIN’ FINE. TOMORROW I’LL HAVE TO BEGIN BATTLE OVER MY SEVERANCE FROM WORK. THEY’RE TRYING TO SCREW ME OVER MY UNUSED VACATION TIME. EFF THAT.

AH, BUT FOR NOW, I NEED TO ENJOY THE MOMENT. I COULD ALMOST SIT BACK & WATCH “OPRAH”. ALMOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment